Opened in 1994 River's Edge Golf Club is one of the top choices in the Okotoks area. It was designed by former Canadian Tour Professional Ed Engelhardt and his son. The course started as just a nine hole course with the South Nine opening in 1994 and the North Nine opening ten years later.
River's Edge Golf Club was selected as the host club for the 2010 Alberta Ladies Amateur Championship and was renovated in many ways for the event. Today, it's a very challenging course measuring about 7,000 yards from the championship tees and about 5,200 yards from the front tee box.
The course includes Death Valley, which is holes 13, 14 and 15. They run along the river and have very narrow fairways with 50-foot Poplar trees surrounding them. You will also get to enjoy the Waterworld hole (number 9) features a signature island green surrounded completely by water.
Along with the challenging course, you will be able to enjoy other facilities including:
- The Pro Shop
- Full Range
- Practice Putting Green
- Separate Chipping Area
- Bar & Grill
These facilities are open to all members and the public seven days a week.
Rates for 2015
The course offers different rates depending on the holes you play and the day of the week. Rates include:
- Monday through Wednesday - $48 for 18 and $28 for 9
- Thursday and Friday - $56 for 18 and $32 for 9
- Weekend and Holiday - $62 for 18 and $35 for 9
- Twilight Rates (4 hours before sunset) - $40
- Senior (55+) Monday through Thursday - $40 for 18 and $24 for 9
- Junior (10 to 18) Monday through Thursday - $30 for 18 and $20 for 9
Other specials are available including:
- Sunrise Special - $32 during the week and $36 on the weekend
- Nine & Dine - $40, Thursday through Sunday after 5pm
- Family Night - $35, Sunday nights after 5pm
River's Edge Golf Club also offers memberships, leagues and much more. Find out more about the course at, http://www.riversedgegolfclub.com.