The Okotoks Family Resource Centre is designed to give back to the community by joining together with a variety of services. It is based on bringing families and individuals closer, while structuring a society then is healthy.
In addition, this centre allows better access to services within the community. In 2000, the Okotoks Family Resource Centre opened, and continues to serve all of Okotoks including Black Dimond, Turner Valley and the Municipal District of Foothills.
It is OFRC goal to give assistance and design programs to help with parenting, child development, financial stress, family support, poverty, emotional stresses and mental health problems. There are a variety of programs designed to help you with daily life.
A majority of the centre's programs is based on income, as they help those who need financial support. These programs include:
- Extracurricular fee support
- Holiday support for Christmas
- School Supply assistance
- Summer Camp fee assistance
- Emergency support
- Volunteer tax preparation
- Volunteer taxi service
- Income and Child Support Services
- TLC Parenting program for toddlers
- Parent Support Association Meetings
- Counselling with the Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse
- Child Support Services with Alberta Works
- Filling out paperwork for financial or housing programs
- Yearly Teddy Bear Picnic and Resource Fair
Education is important, and the OFRC ensures that all citizens have a fair chance with the variety of educational programs they offer. Through these programs, individuals will strengthen their parenting skills, learn how to problem solve, set goals, increase self-esteem and help with child development. The Center offers a library that is full of self-help material, such as books, videos and brochures.
Other offerings through the centre include an affordable housing program, oral health program, and transportation. OFRC is a service that is for the community, and truly works in every way possible to give back to the citizens of Okotoks.